Membership Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 10:08 am
Treasurer’s Report: Jo Phillips
· Our bank balance is $2,985.49
Membership Report: Jo Phillips
· We have one new member today, our speaker, Susan Beckett, and have six new members so far this year.
· We currently have 170 households, 184 members, on the roster. 106 members have paid for 2023, with 64 members still needing to send in their membership dues.
· We’re meeting inside the Penn Room due to chilly weather, 25 members are present.
New Business: Joni Wingenbach
· Joni reminded us that we have a 50/50 Raffle today, 6 tickets for $5. 00. Currently, the raffle is our only means of raising money as we look for other ways to support the rescues.
· Our next meeting on April 26th is going to be outside. We are having an adoption event, and there will be dogs, so we must meet outside. We will be having a presentation from Conner & Millie’s Dog Rescue, featuring their President, Linda Gilliam. We will be collecting items for their rescue, which will help to fulfill their wish list. The list is very specific and will be in the April Spirit magazine.
· For May, we will have our Potluck dinner on the 24th from 4-7 pm. It will be outside, and the SCA singing group “Lipstick” will entertain us. They will be singing music from the ’60s. We will be sending an email and sign-up form shortly, as space is limited, so it will be a first come, first serve sign-up. We did this last year, it was a lot of fun, there will be games and prizes and hopefully be a nice evening event.
· We are organizing a group to visit the NVSPCA on Monday, April 17th at 11:00 am. Lori Hereen, Executive Director, is going to do a personal tour, it is limited to 20 people, and the signup sheet will be at the desk.
· Our 50/50 Raffle was $70 today; Marsha Devany was the lucky winner!
· Susan Beckett spoke about training your dog for your hearing loss. Her loss of hearing began while she was in high school and progressed to receiving a cochlear implant at age 50.
She has trained her dog to alert her to tasks such as the fire alarm and front door. She uses both a clicker and treats when training for good behavior. We all learned some training hints and really enjoyed Susan’s talk!
The meeting was adjourned at 11:00
Debby Haase, Recording Secretary